View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Good spot for a C/R?

On 3rd I could go either way...you probably have the best hand, but also don't necessarily want to bloat the pot too much and will almost assuredly have a chance to get those bets back later with a c/r, which also increases the chances of getting it heads up or taking down the pot before showdown over raising 3rd.

I dont think I could pass on the raise on 5th. Seat 3s most likely hand is dead Qs or dead Aces...make seat 2 face 2 BBs before he gets to see another card. For some reason I dont see seat 2 on a flush draw...if he caught perfect like that on 4th he would probably bet out after raising 3rd right? I could see an argument for calling 5th though since you are probably well ahead of seat 2 and he is adding money into the pot. The pot is big enough on 5th that I would just try to take him out to increase your chances of winning the hand.

on 6th, might as well go for the c/r unless you have reason to think he will slow down. He prob. thinks you have Tens and he won't want to give you a free card.