View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

[ QUOTE ]
Can u stop thinking u know something about me or who i played againts ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Most people on this board have strong opinions about games they've never played, so it is usually a fair assumption, but perhaps it doesn't apply to you. I in no way based my assumption on your 2+2 post count or longevity, just statistics. You seem okay to make assumptions about me, even though you don't know me either, and my own poker skill is irrelevant here.

[ QUOTE ]
and it seems u just don't want to get it, so i'll try to make it easier for u.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you "get it" either, so okay. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not talking about finding ways to "make money", for 1 second forget about the money ! i'm talking about doing something and become best at it. ... do u think that when Roger Federer started to play tennis he thought about money as a 10 years boy ? he just worked hard, and deticated himself to the goal, but it wasn't money, the money just came along with the seccess and not the other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most pro athletes have less fun playing sports for a living than they did when they weren't pros. Guys are playing for money all the time. There's no way they'd go through the crap they do if it were just about the challenge, and some of them have openly stated this (often after they're done playing). Do you really think that all NFL players are putting their bodies through the pain for pride? What about boxers that refuse to retire even when it is extremely clear that they're not legit contenders any more?

I also disagree with your premise that most great poker players have always been motivated primarily by cash. In order to play astronomical amounts of hands and move up to making big dollaz, those players spent a lot of time at low levels just trying to get better. And a lot of them spent a ton of time thinking and trying to improve because of the challenge. You don't make enough money early enough in poker for people to stick with it if ALL they want is money.

People play tennis for fun all the time. People often try to get good at sports that have no interest in going pro. It is totally standard for someone to begin something purely for the challenge and then as the money gets bigger start thinking more about the money, and it is arguably their RESPONSIBILITY to do this if they have a family.

[ QUOTE ]
ohh, and watch "scarface", you will see what will happen to if you keep thinking that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Are you really claiming that investment bankers, for example, inevitably end up being murdered?