View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Apply in this thread with

1. How you are currently improving your game

I spend a lot of time reviewing hands, read most of the threads in all three nl forums, post a lot of strategy content. Spent a good portion of August and September retooling my game, studying pokertracker, doing calculations, rethinking everything about my approach, and since then I've been playing much better. I've recently begun coaching and putting together a theory-based curriculum has further helped me understand the strengths and weaknesses in my game.

2. Your poker goals.

To understand the game more deeply than I currently do, to increase the number of situations in which I am comfortable, to continue winning enough money to play full time, to play higher stakes. Specifically, I would like to spend the first few months of 2008 beating 2/4 and 3/6, and be beating 5/10 by the end of the year.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

In 2007, I've played ~180k hands of nl200 @ 3.5 ptbb and ~50k hands of nl400 @ 4.0 ptbb. Tne nl400 was in April and May, didnt play much cash from wsop through wcoop. After that I moved back to nl200 to retool and have won at 4.5ptbb over 70k since October. I began as an mtt player and have had moderate success at mid-stakes mtts over the past two-three years.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

This was written over a year ago and I would say some things differently if I wrote it today, but it's fairly close to a complete picture of my approach to/thoughts about poker:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...1&PHPSESSID =.

5. A little about yourself.

I'm 27, married, I've been playing full time for over a year, I really enjoy thinking about poker and I believe this would be an excellent opportunity for me to improve my game. I also think I would bring a lot to the table. I put a lot of effort into poker in general and would do so with this as well.