View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: NL50: Putting people on ranges when they call 3bet PF

If people are calling my 3bets light knowing they are doing so, I think it's a great play. Like if someone 22/17 ASB35 opens on the button, I have a wide 3bet range from the blinds (compared to what i would 3bet a 30/5 UTG raise). So I think it can be +EV for someone to float my 3bet in position, knowing that I am more likely (due to hand distribution) to be 3betting AJ or KQ than KK+, and usually can't continue after my cbet gets called.

But I think most of the time it's a case of villain thinking, "Oh look, an A (or two pretty cards). Raise. Oh, he 3bet? Well, I have an A (or two pretty cards). Call."

I know as I move up, I need to 3bet steal raises from the blinds more than I do at NL50, but I guess I need to let a lot of hands go that will play like crap OOP when I get called unless I know villain is good enough to steal light and lay down hands to 3bets.

It's like when those fish to my left always call my CO raises from the button, not because they are planning to float, but because they really like to see a flop. Playing the pot OOP still sucks even if villain is horrible, so I can't open from CO too light, even if I'm dying to open my T8s. I guess I need to not feel the need to 3bet my 3bet>fold>call hands from the blinds vs the fish. It just feels so weak/tight. But I guess weak/tight is okay OOP.