View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: How to play when folded to on the sb against a good player?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm limp/calling AA just as often as 79.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't possibly be serious.

[ QUOTE ]
By just raising the good hands in his range doesn't allow your opponent to exploit this strategy

[/ QUOTE ]
Letting him play medium pots with a huge range, in position, with initiative is like giving him free money. He'd have to be flat out terrible not to exploit this strategy mercilessly.

[ QUOTE ]
If your opponent rarely 3bets I'm a fan of raising more hands out of the sb.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is obviously a very important consideration. But if he's three betting a lot, why in the hell are you limping AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

big jim I change my strategy up frequently.

I will definitely limp/call AA in the right situation. The right situation may be a bb who raises very frequently and overvalues the 'initiative' (which is really a make believe thing anyways).

against an opponent who 3bets a lot I would rather bet out with JJ+,AK.

The point is, I change my sb strategy a lot, one which works surprisingly well is limping my entire range. you can tell by some responses in this thread why it works so well. Many players play a raise/fold strategy preflop (not necessarily 3betting that often). This means that if I limp to the bb he will often raise with trash, and if I raise he will only call with a good range.

I can exploit this propensity to raise too frequently quite well by limping all the time. Actually, limping from the sb a lot works well against frequent 3bettors as well...but this is a little more complicated.