View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Madden Improvements

[ QUOTE ]
OH PLEASE, this is the best madden and I have been playing them since 93. No it isn't a perfect simulation of football but it's pretty damn close. I do agree the DB's are a bit out of control though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it's awful, I agree with you that it's the best Madden yet. However, there are still glaring oversights that I feel can be corrected. Granted, I'm not a computer programmer, but I think they can at least make the kicking game and punt coverage somewhat realistic. There is absolutely no reason that kickers should ever put it out of the endzone, let alone be able to do it every single kickoff. Also, there is no reason that only the gunners get down the field on punt coverage. Like I said, if you make the first 2 guys miss or they get blocked, it is almost assured that you can get a 25-30 yard return.

I'm sure the DB problem will be tough to fix, but I feel like it can be fixable. This year's Madden is definitely better than any other version, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look for ways to improve for next year.