View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Anybody play this AQs differently? 6max

[ QUOTE ]
The reason you didn't 3 bet the flop was because you want to CR the turn -

otherwise 3 bet the flop - lead the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you meant to agree with Fret & Kit by saying either 3-bet flop and bet turn if checked to, or call flop raise with intention of raising turn. (as you had position on villain, who was in the BB).

I think that I would have played this hand the same as Bona.

Villain's limited stats looked reasonable to me for 6-max, so I would have called his flop raise to encourage him to bet into me again on the turn with a weaker hand.

Villain's turn c/r after his flop c/r seemed a strange line to me. It is too tricky for my liking, because if villain had the best hand on the flop and hero called the c/r with a draw, he was allowing the turn to get checked through.

Because it is hard after villain's strange turn c/r to feel comfortable about putting him on a hand, I would call down with TPTK, in case villain was FOS or overplaying something like a weaker Q. Edit: Missed earlier, that you have to call the turn raise after you pick up the nut flush draw !

I would also be prepared to see villain turn over a tricky played 55 or 66 as the flop seemed rather dry, which would I would make a note of, if that happened.