View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Interview with a Washington Lobbyist: Why we don’t like Ron Paul

Interview with a Washington Lobbyist: Why we don’t like Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
Political Opinions: You’ve been in Washington a long time, you even start to sound like those guys (laugh) [come on] tell me what you think about Ron Paul, not just the dance around answer.
<font color="white"> . </font>
[Lobbyist]: (laugh) Look, Ron Paul is a problem for a bunch of us. It’s not that he doesn’t take the money, his campaign pretty [much] stated that he will take money from everyone, but he doesn’t care why you donate… he takes the money and pretty much stated “if you are too stupid to know what I stand for, then you deserve to have your money taken from your pocket”

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit later:

[ QUOTE ]
[Lobbyist]: . . . When all is said and done, my 8 hours of effort (1 business day) I could have anywhere between 5-10 million… all in $5,000 dollar donations from all the industries and firms that touch the PC.
Political Opinions : Woah, you thought of that list off the top of your head in 2 seconds?
[Lobbyist]: What do you think I do for a living?
Political Opinions: How did that relate to Ron Paul?
[Lobbyist]: With him, I could send millions to his pocket, and if he intended to vote against my wishes, that money wouldn’t matter… he would still vote against my wishes. He’s a big problem if he ever made it into office.. thank God it looks like he won’t… not because I don’t like the man as an American.. it’s just that he would make my job hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just one of the many, many, many reasons that I couldn't give less of a [censored] if Dr. Paul thinks Commies are Coming For Christmas or whatever ridiculous irrelevent crap that the haters will try to trump up next.