View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Acer monitor and intel 945GM help PLEASE, will pay!

Still having problems with getting this acer AL2223w monitor to display in its highest resolution(1680x1050). I have a dellE1405 with graphics, intel 945GM chipset.

I have installed all my latest video drivers, there are none for the monitor. ive been working for 2 days on this. today i unplugedd and took back to best buy where i didnt end up returning it. so i brought it back home, plugged it in and reattached it, not sure if i tried to reinstall the video driver for the 100th time, but shortly after i re attached it it said windows has detected ur device, restart for changes to take effect, when i restarted i could put it on the max resolution, and then could select even higher ones which it doesn't support. I shut down the comp, and when i restarted it was back where it was, stuck on 2 resolutions 800x600 and 1024x786 ;/

and now when i unlug it, plug it back it and reattached it
i can select a really high resolution like 1900x1200, then i apply it and when i drag my mouse onto the external monitor it says in like 800x600 resolution, but lets me like scroll around, like it becomes a huge desktop at 800x600 and i have to scroll around to see everything lol.... any 1 know whats wrong? 50$ to whoever fixes it lol [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]