View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 Turn

I fold. I've only put 3BB's in. I'll find a better spot. Too many chances I'll lose a significant amount of chips or my entire stack.

I wouldn't call because the pot it's currently laying me only 2.5-1. With implied odds, I think this call is barely justifiable. I wouldn't expect MJ to cold call behind us. He's either going to raise us out or fold and not add to our implied odds. With MJ out of this hand, I would call. With him in, I find a better spot.

I don't like a raise because I think it's hard to represent many strong hands other than what I actually have. Maybe AQ or TT. I'm putting CO on any pair here. But likely an overpair or trips. Certainly possible that he's taking a stab with an underpair but I think it's slightly less probable then an overpair. With the CO having AA,KK, or trips I'd expect him to put me to a decision that I'm not willing to call with. Again, I have to still deal with MJ and a lot of his hand range I can see him raising me out as well.

Ultimately it's still day 1. If I was online and I could buy into another tournament right away, I may consider a different approach. As it stands here, I find a different spot.