View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: B&M 3/6 AKs flops 2 pair, Fills up on turn, I just call

[ QUOTE ]
Loose, mostly passive Friday night B&M 3/6 game. This was a very unusual hand in this game and biggest pot of the session.

Main villain here was UTG+1. He played 80-90% of his hands preflop, and seemed passive both pre and post flop. I had been at the table with him for 2+ hours and I don’t think I had ever seen him raise pre or post flop. Had been winning pot with small flushes and pairs.

MP2 – passive preflop, more aggressive post flop.

UTG – mostly passive preflop, can be aggressive post flop.

I am in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls 2 cold, MP2 calls 2 cold, fold, I 3 bet, button fold, SB folds, BB calls 2 cold, UTG calls 2, UTG+1 caps it, everyone calls.

UTG+1 play seems to be screaming big pocked pair. I just don’t think he would do this with AK. I’m thinking AA or KK. I suppose it could be QQ or maybe even JJ, but I’m thinking AA or KK.

Flop, 6 players, 23 SB after rake, J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG+1 checks out of turn, UTG bets, UTG+1 now tries to raise, dealer tells him he can’t raise because he checked out of turn, so he calls, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, I think about raising, but I know UTG+1 is raising so I cold call (??), BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 3 bets, MP1 fold, MP2 caps it, and everybody calls.

I’m putting UTG+1 on AA or KK. MP2 may have the straight or flush/straight draw.

Turn, 5 players, 22 BB after rake, [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to UTG+1 who bets. MP2 calls, I think about raising but call (??), BB and UTG call.

Ok, so UTG+1 doesn’t have KK. That leaves AA. I thought about raising but decided no way I could fold to a 3 bet in a pot this big, so I called. I’m not really worried about the other 3 people. They are all on made flushes/straights or flush/straight draws.

River, 5 players, 27 BB after rake, [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to UTG+1 who bets, MP2 calls, I think about raising again but call, BB and UTG call.

My thinking here was the same as the turn. I couldn’t fold to a 3 bet in the pot, so I just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your logic is not all that off the mark. The only hand that you beat is JJ. That said, 3/6 live players tend to do bad/weird stuff. Given that there is a big draw on the turn, I think you can raise and maybe get coldcalls from players with naked clubs or maybe even gutshots. So even if this guy does have AA, there is some overlay here from the other guys in the pot who are possibly drawing stone dead. If you get 3bet, then it is time to shut it down and just call down.