View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: HPT at Majestic Star - starts Saturday

I played in the last event they had and the above comments are dead on. The number of people who have any concept of how to play in a satellite is probably about 20%. I saw similar things happen at my table where people that should have been sitting on their hands were getting involved in pots. That was lucky for me since I was short stacked in the BB and had 4 limpers in the pot. I caught a FH on the river and took a huge bite out of a guy with an Ace-little flush who could have folded into a seat. Of course he went on major monkey tilt and busted a few spots before the bubble.

In the actual event my table was mostly very tight players with two laggy types that thought they could win the whole tournament by the end of the second round. Needless to say tehy were gone rather quickly. I think the players were a lttle scared and played rather tight for the first few levels.

The one thing that I noticed was how quite the room was. In a typical live MTT there is a lot of noise from people shuffling their chips but here the silence was amazing.