View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Razz-caution or coward?

Not that I've played a lot of razz, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see the other guy calling all his eights and better.

My general experience in poker is that tons of people just go into calling mode one street from showdown and just stop thinking.

Further, if it's actually true that he'd bet any hole cards from 4th and onwards I think he *should* call down with most, or all, eigths. I'm not at all sure about that, since my intuition for ranges in lowball games isn't good at all. But getting 4:1 on a call down he shouldn't be folding very often.

Also, the fact that the enemy didn't re-pop 6th makes me think something is iffy. Rangewise we're in a 7-3 in favor of the bad guy. Him not 3-betting indicates he doesn't really know what he's doing. If he's better he should value-raise, and if he's worse he should semi-bluff with a ton of hands.

I should also point out that I think that hero's 2-bet on 6th is pretty horrible for the simple reason that the other guy has so very many boardlocks compared to hero's zero. It's somewhere along the lines of raising an A with a 9 on 3d street.