Thread: Home Game Post
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Home Game Post

[ QUOTE ]
So I arrive and first thing I notice is that the home is an effing mansion. I'm talking about 26 rooms with 2 pools type of mansion and I am feeling a bit intimidated as I walk through the portal (not door mind you but portal).

[/ QUOTE ]

You referenced this below, as well. I'm missing what was so noteworthy about "mansion" to this story, other than your expectations. Rich people can't play for low stakes?

[ QUOTE ]
I can already feel the lifeblood drain out of me as I realize that I am going to be in for hours of nits on parade.
<font color="white">__
__</font>

I tell them that I only play NL and PLO and that I'd stay for an hour but that I was leaving after that. And I stayed for exactly one hour"

[/ QUOTE ]

I know limit isn't appealing when you're looking for big-bet games, but couldn't you just have chalked up the evening to a simple game of cards for fun and NOT come across as an arrogant SOB?

You could have donked it up for a few hours, then gracefully extracted yourself and turned down future invitations.

I understand that you felt mislead by your slave, and you could have chewed him out later, but I think your reaction was a bit over the top, Rott. Unless you are 100% against meeting new people and playing to play....

Hell, you could have treated it as training for not tilting. :P