View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - AP and UB ownership puzzle

[ QUOTE ]
AP has all of the hands. Why can't they just upload them to Poker Tracker, and go to the Misc Tab, and then see the won/lost totals against everyone. If they did that, they'd see for instance that I lost just over $7000 to GRAYCAT. There really is no need for a payout on a per/hand basis, unless they are going to award me that $7000+ AND an additional X$/hand played with GRAYCAT.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying they couldn't, I'm saying they probably won't. And I'm saying that it's not necessarily the most fair way of going about it.

Look at it this way. Let's say someone showed up at Greycat's table and played exactly one hand against him. That hand happened to be hypotheticalplayer's set vs. Greycat's overset and played out exactly as it would have had had no cheating occurred, resulting in hypotheticalplayer losing $1k. Does hypotheticalplayer deserve to get that full $1k back when they only played that one hand and, while they were technically "cheated", didn't really lose anything more than the normal variance one expects at a poker table, and weren't affected by the player in question being a cheater any more than they would have been had he been legit?

All I'm saying is that an estimated EV calc, if done right, would probably be closer to fair in this case.