View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: #3

[ QUOTE ]

3. (TD) Nontrivial 1st-round hand expected values. Is it actually profitable to play three-card draws from the button? From SB? This can be attacked from either a theoretical or a measurement perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3.) This clearly depends more on who you're playing, how they play and how many people have folded in front of you. Three card draws are obviously good HU. In a six handed game, they're still probably fine with position(especially considering how bad most people play against someone drawing 3 cards from a rich deck).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the conventional wisdom. Does anybody have numbers proving it for their own history? Maybe they're actually losing hands. Maybe 72 is actually more profitable in the long run than something like 862. Or 8763.

Compare to Hold'em where we have a variety of sources of information about the relative real-world profitability of various starting hands, and a large community of people using a sophisticated database program to tally their own results over hundreds of thousands of hands.

For HE, you can give an answer or a range of anwswers. For TD, I'd be interested in finding somebody with any real idea what the answer is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm this with my memory, that's about it. My results are good enough that I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if this was a leak. Maybe in a couple months I'll have some actual statistics.

In general, I think that most starting hands in my range are going to run fairly close together in real world play. The places that I expect to see small differences would be between 865xx and 863xx. Again, hopefully in a couple months I'll have better information.