View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: 50NL : QQ Overpair donked into by super passive on wet flop

You cant if you dont. How many times do you think you're up against a villain that is passive and reraises all in?

But at the same time, and I'm wondering the same thing in another thread, how often should you be calling down a villain that loose and passive who suddenly makes a play?

I think its pretty clear a losing player likes to "keep everyone honest" but even a donk is capable of a bluff. What signs are there that he's bluffing?

Against an idiot (read, villain who has a high VPIP and no agression whatsoever) who is check calling and then bets the river, we're obviously more likely to call.

But in this situation, you're reraising a pretty large amount and still the guy is hell bent on betting.

Since he's not capable of getting his money in early with premium hands, he's only going to be doing this with made hands. And based off of that logic, i would conclude its not just something like top pair top kicker, but rather closer to a "bigger" hand, like the nut straight.

So because of your aggression and correct play, dude still comes at you, it may be rather obvious he's got the hand.

Also, a player like this is less capable of bluffing. THey are more likely overestimating their hands.

Because of this also, I'd recommend folding to the reraise.

However, and I think here is the important facet - What kind of line would this player take when he is bluffing?

If he is this passive pre-flop, it would most likely take on a completely different form and not a reraise all in facing a 3xBet reraise.