View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: How to tell girlfriend about amount of money spent playing poker

At no point in your post did you say anything that would indicate she may possibly have a major problem with the amount of money you are moving around when you play. Just.. she doesn't really approve of gambling. So what, neither do I, I think gambling for the sake of gambling is stupid and boring.

You have a full time job, you play poker on the side, just don't make a big deal out of it and it won't seem like a big deal to her. The worst thing you can do is take her out to dinner and sit her down and say I have something to tell you and all of that. It's not a big deal, right? So why make it seem like it is? She was fine with you playing 8/16, then went away and in the meantime you moved up to double the limit so now double the amount of money gets shifted around. So what?

The real issue you should be talk about is the idea that you might like to play poker full time later on. Because it would suck if you got in a serious thing and then that was the deal breaker. That's the thing you have to discuss, and if you want to discuss playing full time making a huge deal about winning or losing a thousand dollars is probably a great way to screw the discussion you should be having.

Just have the "so like what do you want to do with your life?" discussion. And when it's your turn, talk about playing poker, talk about whatever other options you may pursue. And then go from there. Don't be a retard and scare her for no reason plz.