Thread: Donk the turn?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Donk the turn?

Villain is OK but a bit LAGish (34/22/1.7). When he raises the flop here I'm 90% sure he has at least K, like AK, KQ, KJ, KT. Could also be bigger (set, odd 2P... he's made a few weird button raises prior). He also has shot off a few hands with only 1 pair.

If we lead the turn, UTG likely calls, and Button will prob call with his K as well (net +2BB). I don't see him raising, but he has shot off before like I said.

If we c/r the turn, we certainly fold out UTG and likely get called down by a K. Button also could have gotten tricky on flop and raised with a missed hand or a draw, like QJ with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or such.

My standard play when I've got a hand and can't decide how to play it is to just jam the pot, 'cause betting with the best hand really can't be that wrong.

Still wanted to think about this hand away from the table though.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ???