Thread: AC and power
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: AC and power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't have to give you [censored]. In fact, that's the entire point - you're not entitled to anything from me. What you may or may not have under the status quo is immaterial - you beg the question of what you have being legitimate in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're talking about converting people to a political system.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not. You can have whatever political system you want. I do not seek to limit anyone's choice.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you want them to convert, they need to be able to do better than they're currently doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not my goal. Again, if you want to live in a democracy, that's fine. If you want a totalitarian thug to tell you what to do, that's fine with me too.

YOU have to convince ME to participate in your scheme. I'm not advocating any particular such scheme. You're the one saying that people should try to construct such and such scheme, not me.

[ QUOTE ]
The average person doesn't evaluate his position in society based on its legitimacy; he evaluates it based on whether his needs and wants are met.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what?

[ QUOTE ]
So regardless of whether the method by which I currently achieve security is legitimate or not, I believe that I am entitled to the security of my person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe you have that security now? If so, you're kidding yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
People are going to seek security for themselves by any means necessary. That's a fact of life. So if you want me to switch to a pure market system, you need to convince me that I can achieve security for myself and my loved ones via your methods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care what you do, honestly - as long as you leave me alone while doing it.