View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: NL 25: Proper Shove?

Calling the flop is bad IMO because villain is unknown and you don't know how he playing draws, sets and what his donkbets means. By calling you can't get any extra information and still you are in the dark. If he has air, then turn card is ideal card for him to keep bluffing, if he had ace he slowed down a little bit, if he had flush/straight draw he slowed down again to get cheap river card, if he had set and he protects his hand on the flop then now his set turned to full house and he starts "milking" etc. How you can say: "I figure with 2nd ace showing up he probably does not have an ace and my tens will be best.". This ace on the turn didn't change anything - if you were ahead, then you are still ahead, if you were behind, then you are still behind.

To avoid such complicated and tough situation raise or fold the flop. I would raise because folding looks weak to me and I don't believe them, yet. Also with raising I can get little extra information what I can use later against him. Donkbet means bluff/draw etc.