View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: ***Official ACC basketball thread***

[ QUOTE ]
then that is a worthless claim; i claim that our towel boy is better than yours; too bad yours needs to play and ours doesn't b/c we have other good players. do you see where i'm going w/this? at any rate i still don't think your claim is true; you are confusing quality and quantity. just b/c duke plays 6 guard/wings does not necessarily make them better than unc's; duke is doing it for lack of a better option. your case for duke's stronger guard/wing play is not depth, it is kyle singler. singler is better than our best wing, but unc's remaining guards/wings > duke's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still don't understand. You can't play 3 guys for 40 minutes each. You have to sub them out. Duke's subs are much better than UNC's subs. Scheyer was an every-game STARTER last year and is one of Duke's leading scorers from off the bench!

[ QUOTE ]
but lawson and ellington are better than paulus and nelson or henderson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how you mean "better". Ellington certainly scores more (4ppg more than Nelson), but Nelson has way more rebounds and more assists than Ellington. Lawson outscores Paulus, but has more turnovers and shoots 25% from 3-point range to Paulus' 40%.

The comparison is a whole hell of a lot closer than you make it out to be. And Duke's played against much better opposition than UNC has so far this year.

[ QUOTE ]
singler could be a solid nba player if krzyzewski doesn't ruin him

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yeah, because there certainly aren't any successful Duke graduates in the NBA.