View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: does anyone else think nvg and bbv are just stains on 2+2?

[ QUOTE ]

In terms of the magazine tie-in for the "News" forum.
I'm talking something as simple as putting it in the sidebar under the magazine I think that kinda co-signs it as real important news and not just NVG part 2. If you take away NVG and replace it in the same spot with "News" nothing changes and Todd Brunson still cries. Moving it is a way to underscore that we're really looking for a change to a more srs bns type of forum.
It's also something that Dynasty could use for those items that can't wait for the next issue of the mag.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I think that if Dynasty buys into what I'm suggesting, he might be a good News mod, but that's a huge if. Mostly I think the news mod would need to be pretty active and available. The best person for this job is really going to be the person who is invested enough to want the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

A pure news forum could work. Breaking up the serious threads and the goofy threads could create two valuable forums.

I have spoken with Mason more than once about the Magazine being more proactive with news reporting. But, nothing has ever come out of it. We even had press credentials for last year's WSOP and made little use of them.