View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Inducing a bluff

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce 40/80. Game is playing very very tight and it's not that great, but we're about to break (and unbeknownst to me I'm about to move to an awesome game for the last 2 hours of the night).

Folded to me in the CO, I open AQ. SB calls, BB folds.

Flop 855. Check, I bet, he calls.
Turn A. He checks, I check?

(Plan is for him to bet the river and I raise any card that isn't an 8, T, or J.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Which night was this? I was there this weekend playing in the 40 on both Friday and Saturday? I was curious which game you got moved to that was so good... maybe we played together? The game I was in was absolutely dynamite--unlike any game I have played in before. 4-5-6 ways for multiple bets pre-flop all the time. 3-4-5 players consistently CC'ing preflop. Couldn't believe how good the game was!! Just curious?

As far as this hand goes: I am not sure I see the value here? Do you think the player has a worse ace on the turn? If so he pays off both streets. If he has a five you save money b/c 3 bets probably don't go in on river unless the player is full. If you put him on a pair of some sort--Are you thinking that a check on the turn will get him to lead the river thus gaining a bet and possibly two b/c he will make a confusion call?

If that is the case then it does make sense, but I think it is outweighed by the bet you might be missing from someone with a worse A? Curious to hear your thoughts!