View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Once a cheater always a cheater.........

[ QUOTE ]
Solo,

You bring up some good points. One thing that I tend to believe is that if someone cheats on their significant other that the chances of them to be "reformed" with that particular person are very small. There is a reason you cheated on that person, you either disrespect them or you are at a point in your life where you don't think much of yourself and/or you and this person obviously aren't meant to be together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree with this. Which is why I think the phrase "once a cheater always a cheater" works in a particular relationship dynamic.

I also like how tdarko brings out the idea that alot of cheating is about your maturity level.

You could be with the perfect girl, but want to self-destruct, test the relationship, just have no impulse control, whatever. And so the timing isn't right for the relationship to work for you.

Contempt is one of the bigger drivers, from what I've seen, of a relationship falling apart. Cheating just underscores how much disrespect you have for your girlfriend.

-Al