View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: 25nl 2Pair v. shortstck on crap board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against a LOOSE PASSIVE player, you want to exploit passivity by seeing more flops cheaply with hands that can hit big, valuebet wide ranges but fold to aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason I said to fold pf is that I don't think you understand how important position is. Even more so against passive players at small stakes, because they rarely c/r or do anything tricky. Against these guys, you exploit their passivity by playing tons of pots in position. You seem pretty hung up on your stats- check your complete SB%, I bet it could stand to be lower.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand exactly how important position is. You're making broad assumptions and to say that "playing a certain hand OOP" is unprofitable, especially vs. passive players in a limped pot, is blatantly false.

Poker is about situations, of which hand type and position make up like 25%. Opponent, image, psychology, and skill edge also play huge parts in determining profitability, and to restrict yourself to a certain "system" of where to play which hands is level 1 thinking.