View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: All Over The Place: Tournament Holdem

Try putting something like Trip Report, or Home Tourney Trip Report in your title, I think it'll make readers more receptive to your efforts.

Also, as far as the below:

[ QUOTE ]

The flop was K Q 3; not bad for me since I flopped the nut straight draw. J 10 is the only hand that gives you the nut straight no matter how you hit it. A-K-Q-J-10, K-Q-J-10-9, Q-J-10-9-8, J-10-9-8-7 are all nut straights if you hold jack 10. (This is assuming that there isn’t a four card straight on the board.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand you're new here, but for future reference just assume that the readers here understand the basic mechanics of the game. When you throw in something like this it sounds like you're either talking to beginners or being incredibly condescending.

So, in your trip report, its fine to say something like, "then the third club hit on the turn but I bet again with my set, and he re-raised pretty strongly, so I put him on the flush, but called anyway with my ten outs." but if you add "you see, with a set if the river pairs any of the three cards on the board not involving your set pair up you make a full house (that's nine outs) and you can make quads from your set (another out, for a total of ten)" you're going to get real annoying real fast.

In other words, telling us your reasoning or strategy is probably fine, teaching us game mechanics - annoying.

/end posting style lecture.

Welcome to the forum.