View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Re: So, here is my plan ... poker,travel,motorcycles crazy? possible?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think LH would be a feasible way to make a few bucks a day?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not one of the Two Plus Two experts, but it sounds doable to me. Many of today's young players learned on the Internet, and then started playing at brick and mortar sites. Maybe consider studying at home and playing on the Internet for a while before you hit the road.

[ QUOTE ]
I figure I only need $10 or $20 a day to live.

[/ QUOTE ]
QuickLearner makes a good point. I've stayed in many hotels and motels for under $10/night, but not in recent decades.

[ QUOTE ]
Once I get going (in September) I think I will keep a log on the net of my poker/motorcycle travels.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've heard that there's a lot of poker played at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and that one can make good money there. I do know that costs such as camping, motels, and restaurants are exceedingly high, so plan carefully.

If you're unfamiliar with this rally, you can get information from a motorcycle magazine or from the web. The rally begins about a week before the official date, which I believe is always the first Monday of August.

Next year you'll have a lot more poker experience, and you'll be able to plan ahead. If you attend, I hope you make a lot of money, and enjoy yourself there. I'm not a biker, but I might attend it next year for the poker. Look me up. I'll be by the ATM. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I wish you the best – good luck and good skill. Keep in touch. Let us know how you're doing, or the URL of that log.

I've been playing poker since childhood, and I've played on the Internet (Full Tilt, Paradise, Party, Poker Room, Poker Stars, and Ultimate Bet). However, I still occasionally have trouble with abbreviations. Would you please let me know what these mean – SSSH, FR, SH, and AP. Thanks.