View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Default So, here is my plan ... poker,travel,motorcycles crazy? possible?

Back in January I got this crazy idea to sell all of my stuff and buy a motorcycle and travel around the states. I kept wondering how I would be able to pay for gas a food everyday, obviously. I have an old Starcraft buddy who went on to play poker and was able to earn a living off of it. So ... I thought maybe that would be a way for me to be able to put my traveling dream into motion. He plays NL so that is what I started with also. I am still playing with the $50 I stuck in a few months ago. Before then I had never played a single hand of poker. I found LH about two months ago though and fell in love with it. I have been just playing .05/.10 games though, nothing higher until I depost more $. I have read and studied ToP, HFAP, and SSHE. I also read this site all the time and study many of the posts in this and SSSH forum. I haven't played more than 10 or 15 thousand hands though. I definitely read and study way more than I play, mainly because I don’t have the internet at my house or a desktop computer. I just sold a lot of things though so I have $800 to play either FR or SH limit. I look at the money as a freeroll and will not play scared with it at all. I play at AP and PS but I’m not sure which site to put the $800 into. I do have a rakeback deal at AP. I have a laptop, so I figured I would play in any city or town I stop at for a few hours a day, and stay at a hotel one or two nights a week and play all day and night then. All pointers, warnings, insights, etc will be much appreciated! Do you think LH would be a feasible way to make a few bucks a day? I would probably play $1/2 FR and .5/1 SH. I know I could easily hit a slump and not make any $ for a month straight, so I do have a buffer of about $1000 to sit on if that happens. Oh ya, I am 25 and have no obligations and nothing to lose. I figure I only need $10 or $20 a day to live. Once I get going (in September) I think I will keep a log on the net of my poker/motorcycle travels.

p.s. Sorry if this doesn't really flow to well, I am at work and just typed it up during my slow hour.