View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Re: should all good athiest sceintist should believe in......

[ QUOTE ]
Hi David,

I guess what I am asking is if we assume God doesn't exist then doesn't it make the most sense to put our faith in a multi-universe model?

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hate to stick my neck out for fear of being called a moron from David, but I'll say that the multi-universe model is the only one I’m aware of for a natural ( non - intelligent ) creation of the universe, of course, I’m not an expert and could be wrong but it doesn’t matter much unless someone can show the following wrong by providing additional evidence:

There is a 50/50 chance that the universe was intelligently created( even if perhaps by some dipwad that didn’t even realize he was creating it) or non-intelligently created ( meaning that the whole thing resulted from some natural phenomena that was non- sentient). Of course, I'm open to suggestions one way or the other that would change my line. It seems to me like a brain comes after nature, so my line would shift more towards nature. . . but wait, what comes first here, the chicken or the egg?

edit - I like to bounce around ideas on these forums, whether my ideas are good or not, but David stifles the sharing of ideas among all but the super geniuses, by calling people morons. I understand his position that you shouldn't express an opinion unless you know what you are talking about, but often I don't know what I am talking about and just want a friendly discussion of my opinions without being called a name. Frequently I just post something, knowing that I may be wrong, but wanting to learn something new.