View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Why Im no longer an ACist

[ QUOTE ]
In the only country I am really familiar with (the US), state government and its corruption are the foremost cause of poverty.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, are you being serious?. I would guess the main reason of poverty in America are single parent families, high levels of drug abuse, bad education or something like that. Please explain how the lack of goverment will magicly get rid of poverty.

[ QUOTE ]
There is no reason that a voluntary solution can't work to fix this. Why does it have to be involuntary?

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw youre using a debate tactic of labeling my position as something negative and youre position as something positve, the fact is that ure voluntary solutions are not that voluntary for poor kids, kids didnt choose to born on a [censored] up family that lives on a [censored] up neighbourhood.
Semantics aside, the reason its necessary to use "involuntary" solutions its because I feel that its worth to sacrifice a small percentage of the freedom of people like Nielsio in order for some basic welfare for children. ( btw im still advocating a mainly free-market economy, just not THAT free) The coercion I support will only happen if a lot of people kinda agree ( or are tricked into agreeing) with my idea.
And btw ure willing to use coercion as well on those who disagree with absolute property rigths.

[ QUOTE ]
What in God's name do you think will make the state capable of figuring out these asymmetries where incomplete information exists? Giving people this power opens the door to corruption, and whoever gets to choose this will probably just use it as a tool to further their own ideological or monetary interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

The state already makes sure ppl dont badly screw each other, for instance if u work for a factory chances are u will get ure paycheck at the end of the month.
I know that my idea has downsides, but I prefer those downsides over the downsides of a totally unregulated market.

[ QUOTE ]
So what you are advocating is just pure asset redistribution?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because I disagree with absolute property rights.