View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]
For RedBean, when I say cheated, I don't mean "failed a drug test" or even "took drugs/steroids and wasn't caught", I mean he took something artifically that significantly increased his ability to play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is the common theme with everyone....their definition of "cheating" is what they arbitrarily decide they want it to be based on their own personal preferences......with complete disregard for whether or not it was in violation of the rules that govern the sport.

Arbitrarily imposing your preferences on "artificially increasing your ability to play the game" in determining cheating is a fuzzy determination that isn't applied consistently to all areas......and in my personal opinion, I defer to the rules that the players agree to play by in judging whether or not they violated them.

But out of curiousity...using the same logical standard.....do you similar view players who had artifical enhancements to their eyesight via lasik surgery to be cheating? What about players who have had Tommy John surgery to resurrect their careers....when in the past, this wouldnt have been available to them?......and players who get cortisone shots that allow them to play when they otherwise wouldn't be able?.......taking a tylenol for a headache?