View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: The demise of this forum

I'm one of these potential new players. I've been mucking around with low limit PLO8 lately, and reading as much as I could here (thought I haven't started posting yet).
In defence of the newbies, it's really quite hard to find theory on this game, even if you prefer to read up rather than ask to have it handed to you, like me.
I think a really strong step forward would be to encourage the regulars of this forum to keep coming up with old threads that are helpful, theory wise, to collect them all into a sticky and then, as someone said earlier, if someone posts something like "what are the best books" just reply with "check the sticky".
What's more, most of the time when I come to this board I see relatively few new posts, the majority of which are limits that are WAYYY beyond my means/bankroll. This can be off-putting and can make the baord seem inaccessible.
As one random example of how I'd like the board to be, I came across a thread yesterday relating to Buzz's old articles. In one of them I read him analysing a hand, using hits and misses, contemplating whether a raise could come behind him, etc, etc. As basic as this might seem to you guys, to a poker noob like me this was pretty eye-opening and I quickly added the thread to my favourites. If we had an accessible collection of all those quality threads in a sticky, newcomers might feel they have an "in" into this game and then start posting hands and trying to join in in legitimate discussions.

Edit: I replied directly to a firtst-page post, before reading that people had basically said what I've said 97 times already in the thread [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]