View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: August. (#12 of 12.)

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone,

I saw the instructions for depositing there via wire.
I've never done anything like this before and I'm a total banking and wiring moron.

Is my bank going to look at me funny if I walk in there and ask for something like this?
Any reason I'm going to get some 3rd degree about "what is this money being sent for?" and stupid stuff like that.

I just hate having to deal with idiot and/or nosy bank-tellers and would like to hear of others' experiences.

If this has been discussed in one of the previous monthly-threads just let me know and I'll try to find it. Thought I would ask here first before searching through a zillion posts trying to find just the one piece of info I'm interested in.

[/ QUOTE ]

MB,

I've never wired a poker/gambling site but have sent other various wire transfers.

From my brokerage account I can do it all online. All they want is the account information as to where the money is being sent. The information needed is account number, routing number, address, phone, name, etc. They do not ask for a purpose.

My bank makes me go in, but the process is essentially the same. The teller isn't looking to find your purpose in sending money. At my bank I have to fill out a form. There was disagreement among the tellers as to whether I could've initiated the transfer via the 800 number.

Anyway, its simple and fast. In each case where I've wired money, the money gets there the same day.