View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Every street debatable

I'm not sure I like the river call. If button doesn't have a 7, 54, or 33, he's got to fear that you have a 7 or a King. So he doesn't expect you to fold this river. That means that all you beat is a bluff, and I can't imagine him picking this spot to do it. That said, there are busted heart draws, A3, or complete air that he could pull this off with 10% of the time, which is all you need to call. So calling can't be much of a mistake.

The flop play interests me. Since this was a steal raise preflop, I don't see how we are necessarily losing. Villain should have 6 outs usually, and sometimes we have him drawing to two outs. We would like to charge villain to hit his 6 outer on the river (by c/r flop) instead of allowing him to take a free card on the turn when we just c/c flop.

I'd like to hear more analysis of this flop/turn play, because this situation comes up pretty often. If we c/c and he bets the turn with AQ, QJ, Ax, we have to consider folding the best hand. Or else, we risk giving a free card to these hands that are drawing pretty slim. Perhaps if a brick turned, we could donk/fold it to prevent villain from checking behind? So perhaps another line could be c/c, b/f, ?/?

Since villain is a LAG, we run the risk of getting raised on the turn by an inferior hand when we c/r the flop, forcing us to make a mistake the times we fold.

Seems like c/c and c/r the flop each present difficulties on how to approach the turn.

As an alternative, I suppose we can c/c, c/c, c/f. Or else c/c and then bet the river when villain takes a free card on the turn.