View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Beat: Stars seized my funds, closed account

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this by saying that we usually do not discuss individual's accounts with other people. However, when someone is publicly saying things that are untrue and could result in people getting the wrong impression about our site, we will defend ourselves by stating facts. I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points.

- His account is closed.
- This had nothing to do with transfers to/from another player, or any other fraud issue.
- The emails posted are a total fabrication
- He has not spoken with Stephen in Game Security about this issue.

This player's account is currently closed, but other than that, everything that he has posted is absolute and total fabrication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me preface this by saying, slack post sir. I don't believe you can be that good at your job to know theres NO DOUBT a mistake isn't being made somewhere. Way to consider helping the guy btw. I don't even care if he is guilty, why don't you do your god damn job and try help him. If there is some other evidence either say it or dont say anything because saying 'I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points' is bs, we get that enough from AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, I got precisely the exact opposite read.

OP says "X."
PS says "WTF, absolutely not true, you POS," pretty much immediately.
OP runs with tail between his legs.

You somehow decide that this means PS is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think the guy is guilty. It almost excuses the PS support post that blatantly didn't care about the poster. I never decided that PS was wrong, in my first post I even said I don't care if he is guilty. my problem is, I hate this part parcel stuff in their explanations. I don't equivelate PS with AP at all, I just want full answers. If they can't explain something for a good reason but are responding at least explain it. Otherwise all we have is the word of support staff. They might as well just say "trust me" if they don't give disclosure of what happened.

This is my only problem with what was said " I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points." So what,we have to assume they are omniscient and we cannot question this?

To me, it never feels right to damage someones credibility without an explanation. At least if I'm wrong in how I've judged this post, people are full aware of how I wrongly judged it through my faulty explanation. /rant