View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Cramer: Bernanke, Wake Up (Funny stuff)

Close, but her hair like dwarfs her body sometimes.

Those numbers that Cramer spouted off are pretty insane (half the people who took out a mortgage in the last 3 years losing their job or 7 million ish). I haven't actually read anywhere that that is the case and if anyone on here has access to some quotes like that I'd like to see it.

I think he's clearly acting a bit, but I was on the conference call with Bear Stearns and the guy definitely said when asked to compare this to the worst of the worst for the market (i.e. the crash and the .com bubble) and he said explicitly that this is the worst he's seen the fixed income market in twenty years.

Up until that point, I rally felt fairly confident about things. Obviously it was apparent that there would be some large mark downs over the next couple months and that there will be some bodies floating in the river along the way, but from the numbers they spouted off it really looked like this was just a hit they would take in stride. It really seemed like although liquidity as a whole was drying up that there was sufficient capital to take a hit.

I dunno, it will be interesting to see what kind of retraction Cramer takes tomorrow. He won't take back what he said but he'll probably apologize for behaving like he did.

I think the long run implications of the fed stomping down the rates may be worse than weathering thise current storm.