View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: For fathers: remember when you first became a daddy?

It was pretty quick for me but horrible non the less, was overdue so they broke her waters. Hooked up the tens machine, I was in charge of the control and turned it up a touch too much she nearly bounced off the ceiling.

Labour was very quick but we had a problem that the nurse assisting was a trainee she was ending training she checked when the head was out for the cord etc but screwed up. SO cord was round which meant my daughter came out not breathing properly, so she was shoved in front of her mams nose then rushed off to get oxygen.

Very scary moreso for me as our lass was out of it on the gas and air, but everything was fine.

I think looking back now though while it is a life defining moment and people build up to it as the pregnancy goes on as a main even, I think though that the highlights come a lot later in parental life moreso once the broken sleep nights and nappies finish.

Then the buggers become teens and I see what a pain in the ass my stepson currently is I would say make sure you make the most of these early years.