Thread: Ask a frenchman
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Ask a frenchman

[ QUOTE ]

I'm planning to study abroad in France next fall. I could probably get into most schools, maybe not the very top. Do you have any recommendations? I have taken most of my classes in my major in the US, I just have to take a couple humanities/general classes while I'm in France so a liberal arts school would be good. Do you have any idea of a school I would enjoy?

[/ QUOTE ] Don't know yet. I will ask my best friend who did an art school.

[ QUOTE ]

A place with good weather, social/nightlife, and good looking girls would be perfect, doesn't necessarily have to be in Paris.

[/ QUOTE ]
Weather is nasty in Paris for your information.
Two cities come to my mind for the weather and the number of students (which mean girls and parties) are Montpelier and Toulouse.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, do you think I will have trouble interacting with the other students? I have taken 5 years of French and am pretty confident in the grammar and vocab but my speaking skills and understanding rapid speech is a work in progress. Do you think I will pick these up quickly, and will I be able to interact? I'm a pretty outgoing guy, basically wondering if I'll be able to make friends with some French girls or if language will be an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the basics you should learn fast with the practice.
[ QUOTE ]

Do many people smoke weed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.