Thread: am i a donkey?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: am i a donkey?

[ QUOTE ]
Check-calling OOP with the PFR to act behind looks pretty strong and narrows your range a ton on a rainbow flop to the extent that a ton of turn cards are going to make getting paid really hard. Coming out firing into a three-way turn is also going to look pretty strong. It's an interesting spot, because pretty much everything you so on this flop, four-way, looks pretty strong. In these situations, I like betting out, because that keeps my range widest, but I think when we check, PFR checks and MP bets, a check-raise doesn't look any stronger than a check-call but has the advantage of getting more chips into the middle more of the time. That said, getting your stack in good is going to be really hard the way the hand plays out. PFR is supposed to bet this flop if he's going to call bets and check calls, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about leading out but there's no way that UTG is going to raise as a bluff with a Villain behind. Leading might keep our range wide, but I think given that their are 4 people to the flop that it narrows it some.

I know that calling looks strong on this pretty dry flop, but I just didn't think Villain was going to come along with a weaker hand. I'm putting Villain on a hand like TJ or T9, maybe TA. or 78. But he's drawing very thin with most of his range.