Thread: BRAG: Lifetilt
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:56 PM

Default BRAG: Lifetilt

This probably belongs in the original BBV, but I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BBV4Life.

Step 1: GF break up/general confusion about life
Step 2: Have to be in Atlantic City area
Step 3: Juiciest 5/10 NL game ever
Step 4: Juiciest roulette table ever (dealer total fish ldo)
Step 5: Profit

Step 1 occured a while ago, but I'm still on some lifetilt from it - regardless I had to go to AC-area for some family related nonsense, but had time to kill on Monday - what better way than the Borgata! On a Monday - what sick action there will be! On the way there, I decide I'm sitting in the biggest game possible, regardless of the game - if they're playing [censored] 40/80 badugi/triple draw rotation, I'm sitting. I want to have all my $ on the table.

Unfortunately since it's Monday and all the action is in Vegas, I have to sit at boring old 5/10 NL - what a beat. Still, in three hands, I realize this is the best table I've ever sat at. As I go to order more chips from the chip-runner, a big pot builds. Flop is 458 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], one guy is all-in, two players have a ton of $ in the pot. It's probably $3k in the pot already. Turn is a 7. Fish 1 checks, Fish 2 bets $500 into a dry sidepot, Fish 1 calls. River is a queen, I forget the action - but bascially, original guy AI has 38 for one pair (which was originally good!), Fish 1 has AK, K of clubs, and Fish 2 has 77 with 7 of clubs, for the straight flush draw. Everyone at the table agrees there's no way he can fold, and I have a quick intake of breath - I just came in my pants and I hope no one figures it out.

I don't play very well, so I make two terribly ill-advised plays in big pots - as I'm playing them, I see myself drowning, looking up at the sky and only seeing David Sklansky's laughing face. One was a pure Georgia Avenue donk-raise - just Bad Poker. I'm down to my final $1.5k, and can't wait to blow it all so I can go play roulette. Pots are still being seen 6 ways for $70 PF - huge huge pots being played with second pair and naked straight draws. On one showdown I definitely want to yell out 'Ooooooh, Party Poker!'.

Long story short (ho ho), I pick up 44 and limp UTG - raising is useless since it just gets 8 callers. Total donk tell-box raises to 70, everyone folds (!!!) around to me. I call, saying 'I have to keep you honest!' - (translation: I have to make you broke). Flop is 943, omg I flop a set. I know nation doesn't get excited for these anymore but I do. I check, he bets 150, I call. Turn is a 5, I bet 225 and want to look weak - he thinks for a minute and says all-in - that's a bet of 2000. I quickly call. River is an 8. If you can guess what hand he has (minimum two guesses), $10 on FTP is yours - but I won the hand. He donks off $2k more to another fish w/ AT on a T29 flop and gets up - that makes me a sad panda. I wonder if he was Gimmenutz from Party/FTP.

The table nits up, people actually learned to fold - I take down a few more pots - finally decide to leave up $1k. This is money for roulette. Roulette's an easy game, but I can't reveal my secret system. I've never bet close to this money before except in drunken blackjack martingales, but I don't care - I've got $1000 on the table and am playing $5 a number, $50 on red and the middle row. I hit two numbers in the first two spins, continue hitting numbers and my other plays, double my money in about a half hour, and leave the Borgata like I've stolen something.

BRAG: Profit
BEAT: Lifetilt means losing money, stupid!
VARIANCE: I got made fun of for being an Internet player