View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Ah, Commerce. Two tales: Little Criminals & Perfect Timing

A) The husband is an ex-dealer and knows all the tricks.
B) Neither are 2+2'ers, they are in almost every hand.
C) They had no choice but to play together this time, this was the only opening at O/8.
D) I've seen them "mess" with each, but NOT go after each other, particularly at O/8 where split pots get involved.
E) While they may not have PLANNED to act in concert, the wife's choice to flash me a raise sign BEFORE I acted was a deliberate choice made by someone who very wells knows the rules about acting out of turn. It was no accident that the right number of chips was separated from her stack and placed deliberately in my line of sight instead of anywhere else. She slid her chips to the right, TOWARDS me, to bring them into my line of sight. I've sat at her table for 100's of hands and have never seen that move. I admit that I do not know if these two back each other up in other ways, but I have no explanation other than this was a deliberate move on her part (maybe alone?) to intimidate my response to her husband's bet. Lucky, do you really think this conduct is appropriate? And, I did try and point it out privately and got blown off without any explanation or straight answer either. I did give them a real chance to explain things in a calm conversation because, until that hand, we had always gotten along well.