Thread: Dog advice
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Dog advice

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. What a sweetheart!

I had very similar problems when I was watching my friend's dog for a few months. The difference being she's a small, very very sensitive dog who were pretty sure was abused by a male early in life. It took her a long time of coming over to my friends house before she wasn't scared of me when I was standing. When I was sitting she would come over and seemed ok. My guess is some dude kicked her around.

Anyway she would get so upset when I got mad at the computer. And I really don't handle myself well when I run bad. In one sense it was a good thing because having her around kept me in check somewhat. But any tiny outburst on my part would put her into super-needy anxiety mode. I felt so guilty - and annoyed at the cards - and annoyed at her for acting so needy - and guiltier still for being annoyed at her. It wasn't good.

But I think you can turn these things into a big positive. Try to get out for one or two breaks during your 8 hour sessions and go for a walk. Good for you, good for him, probably good for your game. And the more you try to control your emotions for his sake, the more you get control in general. Fake it til you make it strategy. Probably also really good for your game.

You're a good person for taking in the dog and for caring so much about his well being. He's really lucky to have someone like you.

Edit: somehow now I'm all worked up thinking about the conditions those dogs were found it at Michael Vick's compound, compared to this dog's life.