View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ever consider that Bonds did tell the truth, and it certainly didn't end there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. And I dismissed it as nearly impossible. The evidence is overwhelming and his testimony evasive. There may not be enough admissile evidence to convict him, but he knew he was being given steroids.

That is, unless he was set up by Mark Furman... too bad Johnny Cochran is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly cannot even comprehend how you could decide the evidence is overwhelming when you've never even been presented any of it in any impartial setting and you havent been privy to a single argument or shred of evidence from the defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game of Shadows by itself is overwhelming unless you read it with an overskeptical pro-Bonds bias (like those who believe OJ didn't commit the murders). The courtroom is not always the best forum to get all the facts... there are rules of admissibility that often have little to do with how good the evidence is.

Yes, I have made a personal judgment. I also have some personal knowledge on how a U.S. Attorney's office works and what it takes to get the approval to bring a high profile indictment -- so that gives me some added comfort that this case would not have been brought without some pretty strong evidence.