View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect to be locked out for at least 3 weeks, Which sucks but don't blame the sites blame the losers who try to defraud sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may think you are defending FTP and other poker rooms, but in fact "don't blame the sites" is one of the most damning things you can say about FTP and online poker in general.

Saying FTP is 'not to blame' is another way of saying they aren't responsible. The same way a 4-year-old child is not responsible. As in FTP accepts $47000 bankrolls and then is not responsible for what happens next.

No one wants to trust significant sums of money to a business that isn't responsible. FTP suspended OP's account and FTP must be responsible for their actions. Otherwise they aren't a real business.

PS: Let me be clear that I have no opinion about OP's problem. I don't know why FTP suspended her account or why it is taking so long to resolve. I'm just tired of the 'dog-ate-my-homework' attitude constantly expressed by so many apologists for online poker. OP is the customer and FTP is the alleged responsible business holding her money. FTP needs to answer to her for its actions. It doesn't matter what her opponents did, what Gatorade said, how overworked their staff is, or anything else. FTP has frozen her money for a long time and they should have a legitimate reason. Otherwise they owe her an apology and compensation for all the trouble they caused her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. 11 days to investigate an account(s) is just too long and based on OP's regards for the lack of communication by FT, this just represents bad customer service. Sites have an obligation to ensure that players feel safe with leaving and putting money on the site.