View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: How to play FR against Stars nits?

[ QUOTE ]
About 2+2ers it was a joke.

But even on NL5(0.01-0.02) players are REALLY tight. Compared to other rooms of course. Very rarely I get something with AA, because the whole table either folds preflop after raise 0.08, or at least calls flop c-bet, and definetely fold after the pot bet on the turn if they don't beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why raise every time with it pre-flop? Why always c-bet it? Why always pot bet it on the turn?

If your opponents are playing too tight and folding too often, take some chances. Limp with your big pairs, check them on the flop with the right boards, mix up your pre-flop raises and turn bets, etc.

Basically if you want action and aren't getting it, you make the adjustment. You can't count on your opponents to. If you don't want action, do the opposite.

I know it's frustrating, but this is Poker 101. Observe your opponents and then adjust to how they're playing. They too tight? Loosen up. They too loose? Tighten up. And so on. They fold too much to your raises? Let 'em in the pot (if that's what you want). If your raises aren't getting any respect, charge them for the privilege of drawing out on you.

In a nutshell, a great player gets their opponents to play the way they want them to.