Thread: LO8
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 07:18 AM

Default Re: LO8

[ QUOTE ]
Howzit, you and Buzz feel that had you 3 bet the flop, you probably would've received more information.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Rush - I didn't write that, and I wasn't exactly thinking that.

It's pretty hard to put Button on cards here. Lots of possibilities including not much at all.

Yes, he's probably going to play aggressively with a good hand, but I think he might also play aggressively without one - possibly simply with a reasonable draw. Howzit declared Button was a good player and part of being a good player is being not too predictable and bending a rule here or there.

[ QUOTE ]
So, I don't think the flop reraise is going to give you all that much,

[/ QUOTE ]I think it might make both MP and Button more wary and less inclined to take a flier.

[ QUOTE ]
and to where it would help you to play the turn card with any more preciseness(is that a word?).

[/ QUOTE ]I think "preciseness" is a word. Should be, if it isn't. I don't disagree that a re-raise would help Hero play the turn more optimally, but I don't think flop raises generally serve that function.

But although I didn't write it and wasn't thinking it, now that you mention it, I don't think it's impossible that Hero won't gain some information. Depends. And Hero might somehow see how to better play the turn on the basis of the reactions of his opponents. Specifically, I think Button might be inclined to back off at least a bit on the turn without the nuts himself.

And thus, maybe not directly, but more subtly, Hero might have a better idea of how to proceed on the river.

Seems like somehow Howzit did know what to do on the river in this particular case, but another time things might be different.

What do you think?

Buzz