Thread: LO8
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: LO8

[ QUOTE ]

Howzit, you and Buzz feel that had you 3 bet the flop, you probably would've received more information. But, you said yourself that, if the button has a 2-way draw (like TP/TK with a wheel draw combo, for example), then he's going to play it aggressively here. So, I don't think the flop reraise is going to give you all that much, and to where it would help you to play the turn card with any more preciseness(is that a word?).

[/ QUOTE ] excellent choice of words.

[ QUOTE ]
You also said, that, even if he did flop a 2-way draw, his tendency would be to check behind on the turn unimproved. So, when you do bet the turn and he raises you...you're no good!

[/ QUOTE ] i know! anybody else i think i would fold but this kid actually can think at a higher level and is capable of putting me to the test with a semibluff.(he was the kid i ran the river c/r bluff on so he knows i'm not his standard opponent)

i also picked up a live read of weakness for high from him but i didn't include that in the OP cuz it's not fair to include live reads when discussing theortics. so i stayed committed to see a non-diamond low card to pay off on.

[ QUOTE ]
The river King is an awful card for you, because he has to know that if you have top two, you're not folding, and, if he just rivered top two, then he's probably good, hence the bet. In order for him to fire another bet, he has to have you beat *going by your description of him*. I mean really, what are you giving him in this spot, Aces with a Q/Ten kicker? ...my goal would be to keep the pot small.

[/ QUOTE ] blah. he's never really bluffing me here giving his turn raise and our history. i folded (thank you live poker)

i agree 100% keep the pot small outside this game. luckily this game is so good that i'll live with the fact that i just mucked getting 15:1.