Thread: LO8
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: LO8

Hi Howzit -
[ QUOTE ]
i limp A926 double suited UTG, one call (steamer), young kid playing good raises button. blinds call, and we both call.

[/ QUOTE ]Fine.
[ QUOTE ]
flop: A95. checked to me, i bet, call, kid raises. blinds fold. i call? (button raises here almost all the time with any two way draw and will check behind turn)

[/ QUOTE ]I'd re-raise. Put some pressure on the players behind you.

The way you played on the flop, you didn't give Button any reason to pause on the next betting round. He may think you're drawing for low and betting on the come.

[ QUOTE ]
turn: J, two diamonds. i lead? MP calls, button tanks and raises. i tank and call, MP calls.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. I'd lead (with or without the flop re-raise). Note that you might not have gotten raised here if you had re-raised on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
river: K. i check, MP checks, button bets. i tank and fold based on a read.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with the check. But I would not fold. I don't know what your read is. Button could be betting a missed low board or betting aces and sixes or worse.

I count 15 big bets in the pot and the cost to you is one big bet. If Button is only bluffing one time out of 15 you'll break even. If Button bluffs or bets poorly more than one time in 15, you have a positive e.v.

Folding on the river here is very poor, in my humble opinion. Sorry.

Buzz