View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: New to SH - Am I too aggro? - 3 hands

Disclaimer: I wrote this thinking your were playing with 6 people. Since you are with less people, I don't know how much of this applies, since I suck in playing with less than 4 people. But I didn't want to delete, because I invested some time.

Hand 1: It's way too aggro for me. You have 1/3 of your stack in the pot preflop with one of the worst holdings possible. I don't mind raising the BB when SB open completes. But I think there are a lot of players who limp-reraise monsters, because they do not want to loose customers. Since you are quite aggressive (both preflop and postflop), this looks like a smart idea against you. As played, I'd fold to the 3bet preflop. My default tactic against a openlimping SB is:

Raise preflop: Button opening range + Ax,Kx
Check everything else.

If SB checks to me on the flop, I bet any hand on any board.

Hand 2: Depends on UTG openingsrange. Against someone who opens tight I think this is a bit too aggressive, since he probably calls your 3bet only with TT+,AK or something. Against this range your equity is 35%. I prefer too play for set value, but I think TT is one of the most difficult hands to play. Maybe I underplay it, but I think you overplay it.

Hand 3: Try HU forum?